Thursday, September 22, 2011

Just Another Mom trying to lose the weight.


Yeap you guessed..I am going to whine, rant and celebrate my weight lose journey.  I have done it before but I stopped when I got pregnant.  I didn't want to stop but the doctor, (truthfully the baby), stopped me.  Then I was going to jump back on track afterward and healing from the c-section proved difficult. After that my daughter had to have surgery so that was my excuse.

Some people say, "Well Leila's only 5 months old." or "Well Leila did have surgery."  Well yeah but I'm good at making excuses.  Frankly I believe that most, NOT ALL, but most obese people out there are good at making excuses, to themselves and everyone else.  I have watched shows like the Biggest Loser, and Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition, and figured I wasn't, "that bad".  I was wrong....just wrong.  If I don't do something about it, I may not be able to. I'm not looking for someone to enable me, if I call myself fat, it's not self depreciation, it is the God's honest truth. Call and spade a spade and get over it!


fat

   adjective, fat·ter, fat·test, noun,verb, fat·ted, fat·ting.
adjective
1.
having too much flabby tissue; corpulent; obese: a fat person.  *



I have lost weight before not quite 120 pounds, at that time I weighed 180 lbs and I was feeling good.  180 lbs is still overweight for my 5'4' medium build stature, but I weighed almost 300 lbs when I started.  Now I weight 220 lbs and I am NOT fit!  My DD isn't getting any smaller. I look at what my mother goes through, and I see my step-father in the hospital with heart issues.  It brings me around to one thing...my own mortality.  If I don't do something today, I won't be here when my children are my age.
So it starts now..it starts today.

Today I am 30 years old, I weigh 220 lbs, and I am 5'4".  I shall buy a tape measure tomorrow and post my measurements.  I'm bearing all. Plain and simple if I want my ass to get any smaller...I have to MOVE IT!
Because....
I want this happiness back.


First goal...drink 8 glasses of water/day and only one soda and work out 3 times/week or more.

*http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fat


No comments:

Post a Comment